Tunisia: Sources of Real Exchange Rate Fluctuations
AbstractUsing structural VARs identified with long-run restrictions, this paper evaluates the importance of nominal shocks and real disturbances on the Tunisian Dinar during the nineties. The estimated macroeconomic behaviour in response to the shocks identified with a Clarida and Gali–type structural VAR for Tunisia is generally in line with theoretical priors stemming from the Mundell-Fleming model. The structural decomposition shows that relative real demand and supply shocks account for most of the variations in real exchange rate changes during the estimation period and indicates that real disturbances explain about 80% of the variance of the forecast error of the real exchange rate.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan in its series William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series with number wp880.
Date of creation: 01 Mar 2006
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 724 E. University Ave, Wyly Hall 1st Flr, Ann Arbor MI 48109
Phone: 734 763-5020
Fax: 734 763 5850
Web page: http://www.wdi.umich.edu
More information through EDIRC
Tunisia; real exchange rate; structural VAR;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brixiova, Zuzana & Égert, Balázs & Hadj Amor Essid, Thouraya, 2013.
"The Real Exchange Rate and External Competitiveness in Egypt, Morocco and Tunisia,"
IZA Discussion Papers
7822, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Brixiova Zuzana & Egert Balazs & Essid Thouraya Hadj Amor, 2014. "The Real Exchange Rate and External Competitiveness in Egypt, Morocco and Tunisia," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 27, April.
- Zuzana Brixiova & Balázs Égert & Thouraya Hadj Amor Essid, 2014. "The Real Exchange Rate and External Competitiveness in Egypt, Morocco and Tunisia," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan wp1068, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Zuzana Brixiova & Balázs Égert & Thouraya Hadj Amor Essid, 2013. "Working Paper 187 - The Real Exchange Rate and External Competitiveness in Egypt, Morocco and Tunisia," Working Paper Series, African Development Bank 991, African Development Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Laurie Gendron).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.