Food Safety and Agricultural Health Standards : Challenges and Opportunities for Developing Country Exports
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The World Bank in its series World Bank Other Operational Studies with number 8491.
Date of creation: Jan 2005
Date of revision:
Health Monitoring and Evaluation Economic Theory and Research Environmental Economics and Policies Health Economics and Finance Livestock and Animal Husbandry Health; Nutrition and Population;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ngigi, Marther W. & Okello, Julius Juma & Lagerkvist, Carl Johan & Karanja, Nancy & Mburu, John G., 2010. "Assessment of developing-country urban consumers’ willingness to pay for quality of leafy vegetables: The case of middle and high income consumers in Nairobi, Kenya," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 96191, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE) & Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA).
- Rau, Marie-Luise & van Tongeren, Frank W., 2006. "Modeling Differentiated Quality Standards in the Agri-Food Sector: The Case of Meat Trade in the EU," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25739, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Umali-Deininger, Dina & Sur, Mona, 2006. "Food Safety in a Globalizing World: Opportunities and Challenges for India," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25746, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kleinwechter, Ulrich & Grethe, Harald, 2006. "The adoption of the Eurepgap Standard by Mango Exporters in Piura, Peru," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25521, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jose Guilherme Reis & Thomas Farole, 2012. "Trade Competitiveness Diagnostic Toolkit," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2248, October.
- Walkenhorst, Peter & Cattaneo, Olivier, 2006. "Trade, Diversification and Growth in Nigeria," MPRA Paper 23735, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Miet Maertens & Liesbeth Colen & Johan F. M. Swinnen, 2011.
"Globalisation and poverty in Senegal: a worst case scenario?,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 38(1), pages 31-54, March.
- Maertens, Miet & Colen, Liesbeth & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2009. "Globalization and Poverty in Senegal: A Worst Case Scenario?," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51668, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Miet Maertens & Liesbeth Colen & Johan F.M. Swinnen, 2008. "Globalization and Poverty in Senegal: A Worst Case Scenario?," LICOS Discussion Papers 21708, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Richard Newfarmer, 2006. "Trade, Doha, and Development : A Window into the Issues," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7135, October.
- Janaka Wijayasiri & Suwendrani Jayaratne, 2011. "Implications of agri-food standards for Sri Lanka: Case studies of tea and fisheries export industries," Working Papers 10411, Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT), an initiative of UNESCAP and IDRC, Canada..
- Ponte, Stefano, 2008. "Greener than Thou: The Political Economy of Fish Ecolabeling and Its Local Manifestations in South Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 159-175, January.
- Stevens, Christopher & Sones, Keith & Nin Pratt, Alejandro & Perry, Brian D., 2005. "An appropriate level of risk: Balancing the need for safe livestock products with fair market access for the poor," PPLPI Working Papers 23773, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Pro-Poor Livestock Policy Initiative.
- Henson, Spencer & Masakure, Oliver & Cranfield, John, 2011. "Do Fresh Produce Exporters in Sub-Saharan Africa Benefit from GlobalGAP Certification?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 375-386, March.
- Saak, Alexander E., 2013. "Traceability and Reputation in Supply Chains," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149988, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Neeliah, Shalini A. & Neeliah, Harris & Goburdhun, Daya, 2013. "Assessing the relevance of EU SPS measures to the food export sector: Evidence from a developing agro-food exporting country," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 53-62.
- Marie-Luise Rau & Frank van Tongeren, 2007. "Modeling differentiated quality standards in the agri-food sector: the case of meat trade in the enlarged EU," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 37(2-3), pages 305-315, 09.
- Sven M. Anders & Julie A. Caswell, 2007.
"Standards as Barriers Versus Standards as Catalysts: Assessing the Impact of HACCP Implementation on U.S. Seafood Imports,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(2), pages 310-321.
- Sven Anders & Julie Caswell, 2007. "Standards-as-Barriers versus Standards-as-Catalysts: Assessing the Impact of HACCP Implementation on U.S. Seafood Imports," Working Papers 2007-7, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Resource Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.