Testing sensitivity of willingness to pay for mortality risk reduction
AbstractContingent valuation method was used in this study to elicit willingness to pay for risk reduction of dying because of cardiovascular or respiratory diseases. The survey was conducted on a sample of 408 citizens of Warsaw between 50 and 80 years of age. Obtained results did not pass external scope test, even in its weak form. The magnitude of risk reduction did not have statistical influence on the probability of accepting the bid.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw in its series Working Papers with number 2010-10.
Length: 13 pages
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
value of a statistical life; contingent valuation; scope test; robustness;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- H51 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Health
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- J17 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Value of Life; Foregone Income
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marcin Bąba).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.