Protection des investisseurs et efficience macroéconomique
AbstractIn line with Law and Finance literature, this work investigates the relationship between investor protection and macroeconomic efficiency. We apply the stochastic frontier model proposed by Battese and Coelli  on a sample of countries to estimate macroeconomic efficiency. Three measures of investor protection from La Porta et al.  are used. We show that protection of shareholder rights and rule of law have a positive link with macroeconomic efficiency, while evidence is mixed for protection of creditor rights. Classification JEL : C31, K40, O4.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles in its series ULB Institutional Repository with number 2013/14339.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Publication status: Forthcoming
Other versions of this item:
- Laurent Weill, 2009. "Protection des investisseurs et efficience macroéconomique," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 60(1), pages 203-213.
- C31 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models; Quantile Regressions; Social Interaction Models
- K40 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - General
- O4 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.