Does Technological Innovation Improve Household Food Security??
AbstractIn this paper, the production and consumption behaviour of food-secure and food-insecure farm households are studied in the presence of technological change. The technological change on the whole tends to imprve the food security status of the households. Research based technology (wheat variety and fertiliser rate for improved variety) versus farmer based innovation (tef crop and Bunigne tef variety) indicated that the adoption of the latter provided household food security. This evidence is based on the study of 96 farm households in Ethiopia.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK. in its series University of East Anglia Discussion Papers in Economics with number 9813.
Length: 21 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Postal: Helen Chapman, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich Research Park, Norwich, NR4 7TJ, UK
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Production
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alasdair Brown).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.