La compatibilitÃ tra l'obiettivo della crescita e quello della coesione nelle politiche dell'Unione Europea
AbstractCOMPATIBILITY BETWEEN THE OBJECTIVES OF GROWTH AND OF COHESION IN THE E.U. POLICIES The main objective pursued by European Union through the Europe 2020 Strategy is the smart, sustainable and inclusive growth of its Member Countries, whereas social cohesion is one of the three objectives set by the Lisbon Treaty for the E.U. cohesion policy, underway in the programming period 2007-2013. Consequently it shall be defined whether these two important European Union policies are compatible, in order to be able to argue that even the corresponding objectives of growth and cohesion are converging. Therefore, this paper aims to verify â€“ especially on the basis of the Community's main official documents â€“ which relationships should be set between these two policies, also taking into account the structural crisis recently faced by European countries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Ferrara, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 201111.
Length: 28 pages
Date of creation: 31 Jul 2011
Date of revision:
Sviluppo economico e coesione sociale; CompatibilitÃ tra obiettivi di politica economica; Politiche dellâ€™Unione Europea;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- O15 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- O23 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Fiscal and Monetary Policy in Development
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-09-05 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alberto Benati).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.