Un Índice Histórico de Desarrollo Humano de América Latina y algunos países de otras regiones: metodología, fuentes y bases de datos
AbstractIn this paper we present new database which is used to estimate different historical human development indices. Different functional forms for GDP per capita, life expectancy at birth and the average years of education are used to construct each index. We present data for the period 1900-2000 of a group of 33 countries in seven different regions: 17 Latin American countries, the 4 major developed countries, 2 countries from Latin Europe, 2 Scandinavian countries, 2 settler countries from Australasia, 2 Asian countries and 2 African countries. From different methodological decisions and different combinations of the component índices, 8 Historical Human Development Indices are constructed. Finally, we present a comparative view of Latin America and other regions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Programa de Historia Económica, FCS, Udelar in its series Documentos de trabajo with number 28.
Length: 122 pages
Date of creation: Feb 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.fcs.edu.uy/pagina.php?PagId=1134
Human Development; Income; Life expectancy at birth; Education;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I15 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health and Economic Development
- I25 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Education and Economic Development
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- N00 - Economic History - - General - - - General
- N30 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - General, International, or Comparative
- O10 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- O15 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Héctor Pastori).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.