Child Poverty in Perspective: An overview of child well-being in rich countries
AbstractThis report builds and expands upon the analyses of Report Card No. 6 which considered relative income poverty affecting children and policies to mitigate it. Report Card 7 provides a pioneering, comprehensive picture of child well being through the consideration of six dimensions: material well-being, health and safety, education, family and peer relationships, subjective well-being, behaviours and lifestyles informed by the Convention on the Rights of the Child and relevant academic literature.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre in its series Innocenti Report Card with number inreca07/19.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hiilamo, Heikki, 2009. "What could explain the dramatic rise in out-of-home placement in Finland in the 1990s and early 2000s?," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 177-184, February.
- John Coleman & Daniel Hale & Richard Layard, 2011. "A Model for the Delivery of Evidence-Based PSHE (Personal Wellbeing) in Secondary Schools," CEP Discussion Papers dp1071, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Hiilamo, Heikki & Saarikallio-Torp, Miia, 2011. "Child custody placement outcomes for mothers," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1489-1496, September.
- Liliana Fernandes & Américo Mendes & Aurora Teixeira, 2012. "A Review Essay on the Measurement of Child Well-Being," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 106(2), pages 239-257, April.
- repec:ese:iserwp:2012-15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Axford, Nick & Morpeth, Louise, 2013. "Evidence-based programs in children's services: A critical appraisal," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 268-277.
- Begum, Syeda Shahanara & Deng, Quheng & Gustafsson, Björn Anders, 2011. "Economic Growth and Child Poverty Reduction in Bangladesh and China," IZA Discussion Papers 5929, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rainer Eppel & Thomas Leoni, 2011. "New Social Risks Affecting Children. A Survey of Risk Determinants and Child Outcomes in the EU," WIFO Working Papers 386, WIFO.
- Begum, Syeda Shahanara & Deng, Quheng & Gustafsson, Björn, 2012. "Economic growth and child poverty reduction in Bangladesh and China," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 73-85.
- Prem Sikka, 2008. "Enterprise culture and accountancy firms: new masters of the universe," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 21(2), pages 268-295, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patrizia Faustini).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.