Child Poverty in Perspective: An overview of child well-being in rich countries
AbstractThis report builds and expands upon the analyses of Report Card No. 6 which considered relative income poverty affecting children and policies to mitigate it. Report Card 7 provides a pioneering, comprehensive picture of child well being through the consideration of six dimensions: material well-being, health and safety, education, family and peer relationships, subjective well-being, behaviours and lifestyles informed by the Convention on the Rights of the Child and relevant academic literature.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre in its series Innocenti Report Card with number inreca07/19.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bruno Martorano & Luisa Natali & Chris Neubourg & Jonathan Bradshaw, 2014.
"Child Well-Being in Advanced Economies in the Late 2000s,"
Social Indicators Research, Springer,
Springer, vol. 118(1), pages 247-283, August.
- Jonathan Bradshaw & Bruno Martorano & Chris De Neubourg & Luisa Natali & UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre, 2013. "Child Well-being in Advanced Economies in the Late 2000s," Innocenti Working Papers inwopa684, UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre.
- Liliana Fernandes & Américo Mendes & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2010.
"A review essay on child well-being measurement: uncovering the paths for future research,"
FEP Working Papers
396, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Liliana Fernandes & Américo Mendes & Aurora Teixeira, 2010. "A review essay on child well-being measurement: uncovering the paths for future research," Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers), Faculdade de Economia e GestÃ£o, Universidade CatÃ³lica Portuguesa (Porto) 02, Faculdade de Economia e Gestão, Universidade Católica Portuguesa (Porto).
- repec:ese:iserwp:2012-15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Axford, Nick & Morpeth, Louise, 2013. "Evidence-based programs in children's services: A critical appraisal," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 268-277.
- Kee-Lee Chou & Kelvin Cheung & Maggie Lau & Tony Sin, 2014. "Trends in Child Poverty in Hong Kong Immigrant Families," Social Indicators Research, Springer, Springer, vol. 117(3), pages 811-825, July.
- Begum, Syeda Shahanara & Deng, Quheng & Gustafsson, Björn, 2012. "Economic growth and child poverty reduction in Bangladesh and China," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 73-85.
- Liliana Fernandes & Américo Mendes & Aurora Teixeira, 2012. "A Review Essay on the Measurement of Child Well-Being," Social Indicators Research, Springer, Springer, vol. 106(2), pages 239-257, April.
- Dinisman, Tamar & Montserrat, Carme & Casas, Ferran, 2012. "The subjective well-being of Spanish adolescents: Variations according to different living arrangements," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2374-2380.
- Rainer Eppel & Thomas Leoni, 2011. "New Social Risks Affecting Children. A Survey of Risk Determinants and Child Outcomes in the EU," WIFO Working Papers, WIFO 386, WIFO.
- John Coleman & Daniel Hale & Richard Layard, 2011. "A Model for the Delivery of Evidence-Based PSHE (Personal Wellbeing) in Secondary Schools," CEP Discussion Papers, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE dp1071, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Hiilamo, Heikki, 2009. "What could explain the dramatic rise in out-of-home placement in Finland in the 1990s and early 2000s?," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 177-184, February.
- Hiilamo, Heikki & Saarikallio-Torp, Miia, 2011. "Child custody placement outcomes for mothers," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1489-1496, September.
- Begum, Syeda Shahanara & Deng, Quheng & Gustafsson, Björn Anders, 2011. "Economic Growth and Child Poverty Reduction in Bangladesh and China," IZA Discussion Papers 5929, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jean-Francois Trani & Mario Biggeri & Vincenzo Mauro, 2013. "The Multidimensionality of Child Poverty: Evidence from Afghanistan," Social Indicators Research, Springer, Springer, vol. 112(2), pages 391-416, June.
- András Gábos, 2013. "GINI DP 76: Successful policy mixes to tackle child poverty: an EU-wide comparison," GINI Discussion Papers, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies 76, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
- Prem Sikka, 2008. "Enterprise culture and accountancy firms: new masters of the universe," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 21(2), pages 268-295, February.
- Anne Roeters, 2013. "Cross-National Differences in the Association Between Parental Work Hours and Time with Children in Europe: A Multilevel Analysis," Social Indicators Research, Springer, Springer, vol. 110(2), pages 637-658, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patrizia Faustini).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.