Convergence from Discrete to Continuous Time Contingent Claims Prices
AbstractThis article generalizes the Cox, Ross, and Rubinstein (1979) binomial option-pricing model, and establishes a convergence from discrete-time multivariate multinomial models to continuous-time multidimensional diffusion models for contigent claims prices. The key to the approach is to approximate the N-dimensional diffusion price process by a sequence of N-variate, (N+1)-nomial processes. It is shown that contingent claims prices and dynamic replicating portfolio strategies derived from the discrete time models converge to their corresponding continuous-time limits. Article published by Oxford University Press on behalf of the Society for Financial Studies in its journal, The Review of Financial Studies.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of California at Berkeley in its series Research Program in Finance Working Papers with number RPF-199.
Date of creation: 01 Jul 1990
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA USA
Web page: http://haas.berkeley.edu/finance/WP/rpflist.html
More information through EDIRC
Postal: IBER, F502 Haas Building, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley CA 94720-1922
Other versions of this item:
- He, Hua, 1990. "Convergence from Discrete- to Continuous-Time Contingent Claims Prices," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(4), pages 523-46.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dietmar P.J. Leisen, 1997. "The Random-Time Binomial Model," Finance 9711005, EconWPA, revised 29 Nov 1998.
- Wael Bahsoun & Pawel Góra & Silvia Mayoral & Manuel Morales, . "Random Dynamics and Finance: Constructing Implied Binomial Trees from a Predetermined Stationary Den," Faculty Working Papers 13/06, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Luenberger, David G., 1998. "Products of trees for investment analysis," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1403-1417, August.
- Garcia, Diego, 2003. "Convergence and Biases of Monte Carlo estimates of American option prices using a parametric exercise rule," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 27(10), pages 1855-1879, August.
- Zakamouline, Valeri I., 2006. "European option pricing and hedging with both fixed and proportional transaction costs," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 1-25, January.
- J.W. Nieuwenhuis & M.H. Vellekoop, 2004. "Weak convergence of tree methods, to price options on defaultable assets," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 87-107, December.
- Ait-Sahalia, Yacine, 1996.
"Testing Continuous-Time Models of the Spot Interest Rate,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(2), pages 385-426.
- Yacine Ait-Sahalia, 1995. "Testing Continuous-Time Models of the Spot Interest Rate," NBER Working Papers 5346, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ekvall, Niklas, 1996. "A lattice approach for pricing of multivariate contingent claims," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 214-228, June.
- Jérôme B. Detemple & Suresh Sundaresan, 1999. "Non-Traded Asset Valuation with Portfolio Constraints: A Binomial Approach," CIRANO Working Papers 99s-08, CIRANO.
- Buss, Adrian & Uppal, Raman & Vilkov, Grigory, 2014. "Asset prices in general equilibrium with recursive utility and illiquidity induced by transactions costs," SAFE Working Paper Series 41, Center of Excellence SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe, Goethe University Frankfurt.
- Knaut, Andreas & Madlener, Reinhard & Rosen, Christiane & Vogt, Christian, 2012. "Effects of Temperature Uncertainty on the Valuation of Geothermal Projects: A Real Options Approach," FCN Working Papers 11/2012, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.