The Wild Ride of the Ruble
AbstractThe ride of the ruble has been nothing if not exciting. After a near meltdown of the ruble on Black Tuesday (Octorber 11, 1994) and further tremors in early 1995, the ruble has staged a remarkable comeback. It appreciated by some 7 percent in nominal terms and by more than 25 percent in real terms from April through June 1995 despite substantial central bank dollar purchases. Partly as response to the ruble recovery, a exchange rate band spanning teh range from 4300 to 4900 rubles per dollar was introduced on July 5th, with the spot rate at 4565.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 96-01.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics, 44 West 4th Street, New York, NY 10012-1126
Phone: (212) 998-0860
Fax: (212) 995-4218
Web page: http://w4.stern.nyu.edu/economics/
More information through EDIRC
FINANCIAL MARKET; EXCHANGE RATE;
Other versions of this item:
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- De Melo, Martha & Denizer, Cevdet, 1997. "Monetary policy during transition : an overview," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1706, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Viveca Licata).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.