Indonesia's Textiles and Apparels Industry: Taking a Stand in the New International Competition
AbstractThis paper is a comprehensive overview of Indonesia's textiles and apparels industry. In particular, it evaluates challenges facing Indonesia's textiles and apparels industry in the face of new competitions from abroad. A special emphasis is put on assessing Indonesia's competitiveness relative to its main competitor in the industry, namely China. The final sections discuss the impacts of the industry's growth performance on employment and assess future prospects of the industry.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Strategic and International Studies, Jakarta, Indonesia in its series CSIS Economics Working Paper Series with number WPE064.
Date of creation: Feb 2003
Date of revision:
Indonesia; textile; garment; apparel; trade; competitiveness; China;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- L67 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Other Consumer Nondurables
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-02-15 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dionisius A. Narjoko & Raymond Atje, 2007. "The Effects of Agricultural Trade Liberalisation under the Doha Development Agenda with Special Reference to the Asia Pacific Region: A Brief Survey," Working Papers 3207, Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT), an initiative of UNESCAP and IDRC, Canada..
- Raymond Robertson & Drusilla Brown & Gaëlle Pierre & María Laura Sanchez-Puerta, 2009. "Globalization, Wages, and the Quality of Jobs : Five Country Studies," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2654, February.
- Adrian Vickers, 2012. "Clothing Production in Indonesia: A Divided Industry," Institutions and Economies (formerly known as International Journal of Institutions and Economies), Faculty of Economics and Administration, University of Malaya, vol. 4(3), pages 41-60, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Arya B. Gaduh) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Arya B. Gaduh to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.