Monotonic Power in tests for structural change in the mean based on orthonormal series filtering
AbstractThe paper proposes a method that solves the non-monotonic power problem of a family of structural changes in mean tests based on an orthonormal series filtering of the error process before estimating variance of the test statistics. This method yields a consistent estimator for the variance under the null and various parameter change alternatives, retains the asymptotic distribution of these change-point statistics and restores their monotonic power while retaining good size properties.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Society for Computational Economics in its series Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 with number 394.
Date of creation: 04 Jul 2006
Date of revision:
structural break test; heteroskedastic and autocorrelation consistent estimator; orthonormal series;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.