Analysing Website Choice and Consumer Loyalty: the Case of Book and CD Markets
AbstractThis paper estimates the relationship between the choice of website and the characteristics of the individual making this choice. What explain consumer website choice and is this consumer loyal to the same website? This paper approaches this question by modelling individualâ€™s website choice for buying book and CD online among a set of alternatives within a period of six months (from July 1 to December 31 2002). I find that individuals respond strongly to well-known, branded online retailers and that some individual demographics explain the website choice and the loyalty behaviour. However, the results point to a not switching effect online and rules out there is a consumer loyalty.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Society for Computational Economics in its series Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 with number 319.
Date of creation: 04 Jul 2006
Date of revision:
discrete choice; online behavior; consumer loyalty;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- L81 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Retail and Wholesale Trade; e-Commerce
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.