On Coordination of Dynamic Marketing Channels and Two-part Wholesale Tariff
AbstractThis paper considers a differential game model of a simple marketing channel formed of one manufacturer and one retailer. The manufacturer controls the advertising in the brand equity and the wholesale price and the retailer the promotion of the brand and its price to consumer. The paper shows that the result stated in a static game context, namely that the manufacturer can coordinate the channel through a two-part wholesale tariff, does not extend to a dynamic setting. The existence of such coordinated two-part tariff is next discussed under the restrictive assumptions of (i) full commitment of the manufacturer to the vertically-integrated solution and (ii) a retailer that cannot influence the evolution of the state (brand equity). In any event, the conclusion is that it is not in the best interest of the manufacturer to commit.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Society for Computational Economics in its series Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 with number 250.
Date of creation: 04 Jul 2006
Date of revision:
Differential Games; Marketing Channels;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Steffen Jørgensen, 2011. "Intertemporal Contracting in a Supply Chain," Dynamic Games and Applications, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 280-300, June.
- L. Lambertini, 2009.
"Make vs Buy in a Monopoly with Demand or Cost Uncertainty,"
671, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Lambertini, Luca, 2010. "Make vs buy in a monopoly with demand or cost uncertainty," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 101-109, June.
- L. Lambertini, 2013. "Coordinating Static and Dynamic Supply Chains with Advertising through Two-Part Tariffs," Working Papers wp874, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.