The Microstructure of the Italian Overnight Money Market
AbstractIn this paper we extend the analysis of the italian segment of the European money market in two ways. First we investigate differences in the activities of banks of different size. Secondly we extend the analysis to the structure of the connections among banks and it's change over time. As recent studies on general complex networks have shown the topology of a network affects its functionality and stability. In particular the nature of credit and debit relashionships among banks may be a crucial ingredient for the emergence of contagion and systemic risk in the interbank market and in payment systems. Even with its potentially important implication, only very limited analysis on has been done in this direction.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Society for Computational Economics in its series Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 with number 44.
Date of creation: 11 Nov 2005
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.