Simulating Computable Overlapping Generations Models With Troll
AbstractIn this paper, we examine the performance of the Troll Stacked- time algorithm in the simulation of large scale overlapping generations (OLG) models. At each period of time, the number of equations is proportional to the individual length of lifetime. The model size and the data requirements may thus be very large. Given the repetitive structure of the equations, we show how Troll specific macrocommands can be used to explode a generic version (in which the lifetime is parameterized) into a complete model. A similar technique applies to explode the initial dataset on the whole simulation horizon. The stability properties of the model are derived and the Stacked-time algorithm performances are checked for a large scale model with endogenous labour supply and uncertain lifetime. It turns out that Troll performances are very attractive even for a system of 300000 simultaneous equations."
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Society for Computational Economics in its series Computing in Economics and Finance 2000 with number 246.
Date of creation: 05 Jul 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: CEF 2000, Departament d'Economia i Empresa, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Ramon Trias Fargas, 25,27, 08005, Barcelona, Spain
Fax: +34 93 542 17 46
Web page: http://enginy.upf.es/SCE/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Frédéric Docquier & Philippe Liégeois, 2004. "Simulating computable overlapping generations models with TROLL," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/166319, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Docquier, Frédéric & Liégeois, Philippe & Stijns, Jean-Philippe, 1999. "Comptabilité générationnelle et vieillissement démographique : les enseignements d’un modèle d’équilibre général calculable calibré pour la Belgique," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 75(1), pages 333-356, mars-juin.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.