Is Protection Good or Bad for Growth? Lessons from Canada's Cotton Textile Mills
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Ryerson University, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 036.
Length: 23 pages
Date of creation: Jul 2012
Date of revision: Oct 2012
Cotton Textiles; 19th Century Canada; Economic Growth; Tariffs; National Policy;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-11-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-FDG-2012-11-03 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-HIS-2012-11-03 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bils, Mark, 1984. "Tariff Protection and Production in the Early U.S. Cotton Textile Industry," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(04), pages 1033-1045, December.
- Federico, G. & O'Rourke, K.H., 1999. "Much Ado About Nothing? Italian Trade Policy in the late 19th Century," Papers 99/18, College Dublin, Department of Political Economy-.
- Michael A. Clemens & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2002. "Why Did the Tariff-Growth Correlation Reverse After 1950?," NBER Working Papers 9181, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Easton, Stephen T. & Gibson, William A. & Reed, Clyde G., 1988. "Tariffs and growth: The dales hypothesis," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 147-163, April.
- Tim Leunig, 2001. "Britannia ruled the waves," Economic History Working Papers 536, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Huberman, Michael, 1990. "Vertical Disintegration in Lancashire: A Comment on Temin," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 50(03), pages 683-690, September.
- Inwood, K., 1991. "Maritime Industrialization from 1870 to 1910 ; A Review of the Evidence and Its Interpretation," Working Papers 1991-19, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Morris Altman, 1987. "A Revision of Canadian Economic Growth: 1870-1910 (A Challenge to the Gradualist Interpretation)," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 20(1), pages 86-113, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maurice Roche).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.