Small Firms in India: A Discussion of Some Issues
AbstractThis paper asks how do small firms behave and what is their role in Indian economic development. It examines aggregate descriptions of small firms in India: their role in economic development, the industry by industry variation in their relative importance and the size structure of industry. Carefully distinguishing aggregate relationships from those of the firm, several theoretical and empirical issues are taken up. The small firms' response to government policy is also examined.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Rutgers University, Department of Economics in its series Departmental Working Papers with number 199404.
Date of creation: 01 Aug 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: New Jersey Hall - 75 Hamilton Street, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1248
Phone: (732) 932-7482
Fax: (732) 932-7416
Web page: http://snde.rutgers.edu/Rutgers/wp/rutgers-wplist.html
More information through EDIRC
development; India; industrial policy; small; survey;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
- L50 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - General
- O12 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Suma Athreye & Sandeep Kapur, 2004.
"Industrial Concentration in a Liberalising Economy: a Study of Indian Manufacturing,"
Open Discussion Papers in Economics
51, The Open University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Economics.
- Suma Athreye & Sandeep Kapur, 2006. "Industrial concentration in a liberalising economy: A study of Indian manufacturing," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(6), pages 981-999.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.