Robust Semiparametric Estimation in the Presence of Heterogeneity of Unknown Form
AbstractWe show that semiparametric adaptive maximum likelihood estimators have desirable robustness properties when the innivations in a location parameter model are uncorrelated but not necessarily independent. We show that such estimators have asymptotic covariance matrices equal to the inverse of the Fisher information of the unconditional distribution of the data in the presence of general forms of heterogeneity, including conditional dependence in even moments.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER) in its series RCER Working Papers with number 416.
Length: 37 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of Rochester, Center for Economic Research, Department of Economics, Harkness 231 Rochester, New York 14627 U.S.A.
TIME SERIES ; MODELS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hodgson, D.J., 1995.
"Adaptive Estimation of Cointegrating Regressions with ARMA Errors,"
RCER Working Papers
408, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Hodgson, Douglas J., 1998. "Adaptive estimation of cointegrating regressions with ARMA errors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 231-267, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gabriel Mihalache).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.