Rational Addiction to News?
AbstractQuarterly data of magazine circulation are used to analyse the consumption behaviour of the readers of German popular magazines in a panel framework using OLS, 2SLS and generalized method of moments techniques, in order to test the rational addiction hypothesis in respect with goods without any biological dependency.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Helmut Schmidt University, Hamburg in its series Working Paper with number 2/2003.
Length: 46 pages
Date of creation: Jun 2003
Date of revision:
Rational Addiction; Habit Formation; Print Media; Panel Data;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- L89 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Other
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lapo Filistrucchi, 2005. "The Impact of Internet on the Market for Daily Newspapers in Italy," Economics Working Papers ECO2005/12, European University Institute.
- Kaili Shen & David E. Giles, 2005.
"Rational Exuberance at the Mall: Addiction to Carrying a Credit Card Balance,"
Econometrics Working Papers
0508, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Kaili Shen & David Giles, 2006. "Rational exuberance at the mall: addiction to carrying a credit card balance," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(5), pages 587-592.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Max Steinhardt).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.