The reform of education funding: principles, options, modalities
AbstractDriver education is a social determinant of human development, of spiritual evolution, directly influencing all social fields, particularly economy, and in this respect, targeting resources, especially financial, to support a quality education, values and competence is a goal, a requirement and an undeniable necessity. Communication that presents seeks to highlight economic dimensions of education, to problematizeze current funding of education and to formulate guidelines and some aspects of education funding reform, presenting several possible alternatives for financing education through a combination of various sources of funding: government, private and community (local) budget, banking and capital markets, domestic and international. Finally, it exposed a scheme of financing on educational levels, taking into account the nature of education, income and the cost of education, ability to finance the two sectors of the economy: public and private.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Osterreichish-Rumanischer Akademischer Verein in its series Papers with number 2009/17.
Length: 9 pages
Date of creation: 01 Jun 2009
Date of revision:
educational equity; education economics; private funding; public funding; level of education; education loan market.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- H52 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Education
- I22 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Educational Finance; Financial Aid
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-06-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2009-06-17 (Education)
- NEP-HRM-2009-06-17 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Brindusa Covaci).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.