Uncertainty in financing higher education
AbstractCommunication address public education financing, taking into account explicitly the risk aspects of private investment in education. Advantages of public education, financed from public funds, consist of lack of markets lies in that students can protect against risks, an example being the education taxes that depend on expected income from investment in education. Considering the risk, the uncertainty highlights a link hitherto omitted between educational choice, resource endowment and productivity growth, which may serve to redefine the role of public education.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Osterreichish-Rumanischer Akademischer Verein in its series Papers with number 2009/3.
Length: 9 pages
Date of creation: 01 Jun 2009
Date of revision:
human capital; cost in terms of success; certainty equivalent; private financing; public financing; risk education; tax on distributed profits of investment;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- H52 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Education
- I22 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Educational Finance; Financial Aid
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-06-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2009-06-17 (Education)
- NEP-HRM-2009-06-17 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Brindusa Covaci).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.