Hilferding on Derivatives
AbstractRudolf Hilferding is a leading Marxist scholar. But Hilferding's approach to derivatives has been left untouched. The paper aims at contributing to the literature. Hilferding realized that the development of the stock exchange was parallel to the development of standardized derivative exchanges. Hilferding understood the economic significance that derivative markets have for the organization of capitalism. The intention of incorporating the futures market in his general approach using Marxian theoretical categories is significant in the long tradition of political economy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by School of Economics, Kingston University London in its series Economics Discussion Papers with number 2012-3.
Length: 26 pages
Date of creation: 19 Apr 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Kingston University London, School of Economics, Penrhyn Road, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, KT1 2EE, UK
Web page: http://fass.kingston.ac.uk/schools/economics/
More information through EDIRC
Hilferding; Marx; finance; derivatives;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B14 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Socialist; Marxist
- B15 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary
- G00 - Financial Economics - - General - - - General
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-10-20 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (José R. Sánchez-Fung).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.