Verkostoitumisen yhteys yritysten kannattavuuteen ja kasvuun: empiirisiä havaintoja
AbstractEven though inter-firm networking is often argued to be among the factors enhancing business performance, empirical research on the topic is scarce. We exploit Eurostats and Statistic Finlands pilot survey on inter-enterprise relations to study the issue. Our uni- and multivariate analysis does not suggest that there is a statistically significant positive or negative relationship between a firms networking activities and its profitability or growth. We conclude that networking is not a panacea; it does not boost performance automatically or independently. Its possible benefits depend on how it is organized and conducted. Keywords : Inter-firm networking, business collaboration, outsourcing, profitability, growth.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy in its series Discussion Papers with number 1118.
Length: 14 pages
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L24 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Contracting Out; Joint Ventures
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-01-26 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kaija Hyvönen-Rajecki).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.