A Global Vision over Benchmarking Process: Benchmarking Based Enterprises
AbstractBenchmarking uses the knowledge and the experience of others to improve the enterprise. Starting from the analysis of the performance and underlying the strengths and weaknesses of the enterprise it should be assessed what must be done in order to improve its activity. Using benchmarking techniques, an enterprise looks at how processes in the value chain are performed. The approach based on the vision “from the whole towards the parts” (a fragmented image of the enterprise’s value chain) reduces the focus of the benchmarking process of the enterprise. This is the reason why we introduce a new concept: “benchmarking based enterprises” (BBE). Accordingly to this, the enterprises, particularly corporations, gather common features, accept their industry leaders, adapt to their specific features and accept a new vision of benchmarking shifted “from part to the whole”.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 9482.
Date of creation: 07 Jun 2008
Date of revision: 24 Sep 2008
benchmarking based enterprises; value chain; corporation; SME;
Other versions of this item:
- Sitnikov, Catalina & Giurca Vasilescu, Laura, 2008. "A Global Vision over Benchmarking Process: Benchmarking Based Enterprises," MPRA Paper 10730, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 24 Sep 2008.
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-09-29 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ivan DE NONI & Luigi ORSI & Diego TAVECCHIA, 2007. "Benchmarking for SMEs: toward a competitive rating system," Departmental Working Papers, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at UniversitÃ degli Studi di Milano 2007-42, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.