Social Entrepreneurship in the Context of Romania’s European Integration
AbstractThe social sector or social economy is still at a developing stage and the concept of social entrepreneurship is just in the emergence phase in Romania. There is still a lot to do in this field, in order to create sustainability among the actors of the social economy or social sector. The paper will attempt to emphase the differences between entrepreneurship in NGO’s and social entrepreneurship and clarify the two terms in relationship with the Romanian social sector and what needs to be taken into consideration for the future development of this sector in Romania, in the context of EU membership.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 9481.
Date of creation: 30 May 2008
Date of revision:
social entrepreneurship; non-profit organization; social enterprise; sustainability;
Other versions of this item:
- Bibu Nicolae & Orhei Loredana, 2008. "Social Entrepreneurship In The Context Of Romania’S European Integration," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 4(1), pages 77-82, May.
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
- L30 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - General
- L31 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Nonprofit Institutions; NGOs
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
- L33 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Comparison of Public and Private Enterprise and Nonprofit Institutions; Privatization; Contracting Out
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-07-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-SOC-2008-07-20 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-TRA-2008-07-20 (Transition Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.