Taxonomical analysis of regional development by outranking relations on multiple principal components
AbstractThis paper proposes a method of ranking the elements of a set of objects by multi-criteria analysis on multiple principal components derived from a multiple variable dataset pertaining to the objects. Concordance-discordance method of outranking and derivation of preference relations has been suggested as a technique of multi-criteria decision-making. The method has been illustrated by conducting the taxonomical analysis of regions according to their level of development.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 8989.
Date of creation: 10 Feb 1984
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Hill Geographer 1.3(1984): pp. 20-28
Taxonomical analysis; levels of regional development; principal components analysis; multi-criteria decision-making; concordance analysis; outranking relations; Bihar;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mishra, SK, 2012. "A comparative study of trends in globalization using different synthetic indicators," MPRA Paper 38028, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mishra, SK, 2008. "On construction of robust composite indices by linear aggregation," MPRA Paper 9232, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.