Comparative statics and dynamics of optimal choice models in Hilbert spaces
AbstractWe study properties of the solutions to a parametrized constrained optimization problem in Hilbert spaces. A special operator is studied which is of importance in economic theory; sufficient conditions are given for its existence, symmetry, and negative semidefiniteness. The techniques used are calculus and non linear functional analysis on Hilbert spaces.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 8001.
Date of creation: 1979
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications No. 2.70(1979): pp. 490-504
Hilbert spaces; optimization; operator; parametrized constrained maximization; comparative statics; Slutky; Hicks; Samuelson; matrix; Hilbert; Euclidean spaces; optimal growth; dynamic models; growth; manifold; constrained optimization;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chichilnisky, Graciela, 2009.
"Avoiding extinction: equal treatment of the present and the future,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy, vol. 3(32), pages 1-25.
- Chichilnisky, Graciela, 2009. "Avoiding Extinction: Equal Treatment of the Present and the Future," Economics Discussion Papers 2009-8, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Graciela Chichilnisky, 2009. "Avoiding Extinction: Equal Treatment of the Present and the Future," Working Papers 09-07, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Aug 2009.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.