Dss Model Based On Rules And Olap For Management By Budgets
AbstractImplementing Decision Support System (DSS) for the management by budgets has become one of the top priorities for the vast majority of today’s organizations. This system represents a powerful tool for planning and controlling in the managerial activity. The new technologies for Business Intelligence as OLAP, Data Warehouse, Data Mining, emerged nowadays in very competitive DSS needed for the managerial process. Such systems are capable of processing and analyzing in real time large volumes of data from various sources and with different displaying criteria. This paper depicts a DSS model (B-Admin) developed in DSS-UNIDEF framework, based on rules and OLAP for the management by budgets, implemented at „County Forestry Department”.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 6683.
Date of creation: 20 Dec 2007
Date of revision:
Decision Support Systems; OLAP; UML; Business Intelligence; management by budgets;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M00 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - General - - - General
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Accounting
- Z00 - Other Special Topics - - General - - - General
- Y80 - Miscellaneous Categories - - Related Disciplines - - - Related Disciplines
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Claudiu BRANDAS, 2007. "Unified Approach in the DSS Development Process," Informatica Economica, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 0(1), pages 98-102.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.