El Paso Property Tax Abatement Ineffectiveness
AbstractSimilar to many communities throughout the United States, the City of El Paso, Texas utilizes property tax abatements as a means for inducing companies to invest in the local economy. Abatements in El Paso were first introduced in 1988. Although many studies have examined the effectiveness of municipal abatement policies, most of those efforts rely on survey questionnaires or cross-sctional data. This study employs a time series data set to examine whether municipal authorities have achieved the objectives of the abatement program in El Paso.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 626.
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision: 2006
Publication status: Published in International Journal of Business & Public Administration 1.3(2006): pp. 79-94
Municipal property tax abatements; metropolitan development; applied econometrics;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-11-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2006-11-12 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-PBE-2006-11-12 (Public Economics)
- NEP-URE-2006-11-12 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arnold Cote, K. Nicole & Smith, Wm. Doyle & Fullerton, Thomas M., Jr., 2010. "Municipal Non-Residential Real Property Valuation Forecast Accuracy," MPRA Paper 32116, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 11 Feb 2011.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.