Offshoring to new shores: Nearshoring to Central and Eastern Europe
AbstractOffshoring of IT services and back-office services to low-wage countries is a fast-growing market. Besides India, the pacesetter and dominant insourcer, there are numerous other countries and regions attempting to establish themselves as offshoring locations. Our report focuses on nearshoring locations in Central and Eastern Europe. An increasing number of examples confirm the growing importance of this region. However, a precise comparison of the attributes of different locations reveals that Central and Eastern Europe only leads the way in specific areas and for tasks with specific requirements.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 5785.
Date of creation: 14 Aug 2006
Date of revision:
Offshoring; IT industry; Central and Eastern Europe;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tiwari, Rajnish & Buse, Stephan & Herstatt, Cornelius, 2007. "Innovation via global route: Proposing a reference model for chances and challenges of global innovation processes," Working Papers 49, Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), Institute for Technology and Innovation Management.
- Gary Gereffi & Mario Castillo & Karina Fernandez-Stark, 2009. "The Offshore Services Industry: A New Opportunity for Latin America," IDB Publications 7768, Inter-American Development Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.