The Age of War: From World Market to World Conquest (English language version)
AbstractThis paper, presented at the Laboratori per la Critica Sociale organised by the Centro Studi Transformazione Economico-Sociali (CESTES-PROTEO), is the English language version of ‘The age of war: From world market to world conquest’, presented at the Forum on the Theoretical analysis of the Imperialism of the XXI Century, organised by the Laboratorio per la Critica Sociale del Centro Studi Trasformazioni Economico-Sociali (CESTES-PROTEO), Rome University La Sapienza, 12 April 2003. It was also presented to the 5th Annual Conference of the Association for Heterodox Economics, Nottingham Trent University, 8-10 July, 2003. The Italian version was entitled ‘L’età della guerra: dal mercato mondiale alla conquista del mondo’, The paper argues that the world is entering a new age of war, a political consequence of Globalisation. A supplementary file contains slides that accompanied a subsequent presentation of this paper at the University of Umea, Sweden, also in July 2003
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 5588.
Date of creation: Jul 2003
Date of revision:
Imperialism; globalisation; divergence; stagnation; polarisation; inequality; world economy; Kondratieff; development; Europe; US; value; price; TSSI; temporalism; profit rate; deregulation; World Systems Theory; unequal exchange; dependency; North-South relations;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B50 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - General
- B00 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - General - - - History of Economic Thought, Methodology, and Heterodox Approaches
- O10 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Freeman, Alan, 1998. "Time, the value of money and the quantification of value," MPRA Paper 2217, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Freeman, Alan, 1995. "Marx without Equilibrium," MPRA Paper 1207, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.