La libéralisation des échanges a-t-elle un impact sur la croissance? Les expériences de l'Inde et de la Corée
[Is there any impact of trade liberalisation on growth? Experiences of India and Korea]
AbstractTrade Liberalisation in developing countries over the last 20 years has often been implemented considering it as a pre-requisite to growth. This paper uses ARDL approach to cointegration and examines the relationships between growth and trade liberalisation in the context of India and Korea. Using three indicators of liberalisation this paper finds no meaningful relationship between the growth rate of real GDP or per capita real GDP and trade openness.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 5177.
Date of creation: Oct 2005
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Revue Tiers Monde 184.XLVI(2005): pp. 907-927
Trade Liberalization; Growth; Asia; India; Korea;
Other versions of this item:
- Anne Saint Girons & Prabirjit Sarkar, 2005. "La libÃ©ralisation des Ã©changes a-t-elle un impact sur la croissance ? Les expÃ©riences de l'Inde et de la CorÃ©e," Revue Tiers Monde, Programme National PersÃ©e, vol. 46(184), pages 907-927.
- Prabirjit Sarkar, 2005. "LA libÃ©ralisation des Ã©changes a-t-elle un impact sur la croissance ? Les expÃ©riences de l'Inde et de la CorÃ©e," Revue Tiers-Monde, Armand Colin, Armand Colin, vol. 0(4), pages 907-927.
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order; Noneconomic International Organizations;; Economic Integration and Globalization: General
- N15 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Asia including Middle East
- O53 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.