Value from Nowhere: a response to Dumenil and Levy (second submission)
AbstractThis paper was submitted to the Review of Radical Political Economics in response to ‘The conservation of value: a rejoinder to Alan Freeman’, by Gérard Duménil and Dominique Lévy (DL), published in Review of Radical Political Economics in 1999. The response was rejected by the Editorial Board. The paper demonstrates that within DL’s framework, either value is created in circulation or is proportional not to the magnitude of labour time that creates the product, but to the physical magnitude or use-value of the product. It shows that within the TSSI framework value is uniquely determined by the magnitude of labour time, and that the contradictions alleged by DL do not exist. This is the second of two rejected responses. The first has been placed in the public domain at the same time as this one.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 48685.
Date of creation: 08 Aug 2004
Date of revision: 08 Aug 2004
TSSI; value; Marx; corruption;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B50 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - General
- B51 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Socialist; Marxian; Sraffian
- Z1 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics
- Z12 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Religion
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Freeman, Alan, 1996. "Price, value and profit – a continuous, general, treatment," MPRA Paper 1290, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Augusto Graziani & Michel Vale, 1997. "Let's Rehabilitate the Theory of Value," International Journal of Political Economy, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 27(2), pages 21-25, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.