Ethical Investment and Consumers in Cultural History
AbstractA short cultural history of the impact of Ethical Investment and Consumers over the years. Primarily from a UK based perspective looking at the evoluton of ethical business issues and their contemporary impact. Topics covered include impacts in books, films and foreign policy. History of Influencing the market via international conventions and discussion of debates on the value of mainstreaming, political disputes (The human rights and wrongs of boycotts) and the 1990s take off for codes of conduct
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 47216.
Date of creation: 28 Apr 2013
Date of revision:
Responsible Investment; SRI; Ethical consumers; Ethical Investment;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B00 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - General - - - History of Economic Thought, Methodology, and Heterodox Approaches
- B2 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925
- B29 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Other
- B30 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - General
- Z1 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Social and Economic Stratification
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2013-06-04 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-HIS-2013-06-04 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HME-2013-06-04 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.