Il turismo crocieristico: sfide ed opportunità di sviluppo dei territori costieri. Il caso caraibico delle Piccole Antille
[Cruise Tourism: challenges and opportunities for coastal regional development. The Carribean case of the West Indies]
AbstractCruise tourism is rapidly growing in the last ten years worldwide and not just in North America. From a niche market it is becoming an important way to diversify the tourist supply and a stimulus for the coastal regional develoment even if sustainability is challenging. Identifying an itinerary and route, is central both for tour operators and shipowners in order to define a cruise product, and for port authorities in major and marginal places. The Caribbean area has been a precurson of the fenomenom and in this working paper it is presented the case of the West Indies' area with a specific discussion about Barbados.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 4660.
Date of creation: Sep 2006
Date of revision:
Cruise Tourism; Coastal Development Economy; Ship Itineraries; Sustainable Development;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L92 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Railroads and Other Surface Transportation
- R49 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Systems - - - Other
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Recreation; Tourism
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-09-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2007-09-09 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-TUR-2007-09-09 (Tourism Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.