Business information through Spain's Chambers of Commerce: meeting business needs
AbstractFrom different public and private instances, mechanisms have been set in action that allow for companies to obtain information in order to make decisions with a stronger foundation. This article is focused on the description of an entire information system for the business world, developed in the realm of the Chambers of Commerce of Spain, which have given rise to the creation of an authentic network of inter-chamber information. In Spain, the obligatory membership of businesses to the Chambers of Commerce in their geographic areas, and therefore the compulsory payment of member quotas, has traditionally generated some polemics, above all because many firms have not perceived a material usefulness of the services offered by these Chambers. Notwithstanding, the 85 Chambers currently existing in Spain, as well as the organism that coordinates them -the Upper Council or Consejo Superior de Camaras de Comercio- and the company created expressly to commercialize informational services online, Camerdata, have developed genuinely informative tools that cover a good part of the informational demands that a business might claim, described here.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 45251.
Date of creation: Dec 2010
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Business Information Review 4.25(2010): pp. 224-229
Business information; Chamber of Commerce; Spain;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L53 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Enterprise Policy
- L8 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.