How innovative is Georgian economy?
AbstractIn the present-day reality, research and innovation undoubtedly deserve promotion and encouragement, without which the advance and development of any national economy is unimaginable. This paper surveys the studies on Global Competitiveness and Innovations issues carried out by the international organizations. The objective of the article is to stimulate the discussion among the policymakers in Georgia on the best strategies and policies to help country to overcome the obstacles to improving competitiveness.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 44622.
Date of creation: Jan 2013
Date of revision: Feb 2013
global competitiveness; global competitiveness index; innovations; innovative technologies; lower-middle income countries; R&D; SMEs; statistics;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E66 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General Outlook and Conditions
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- H50 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - General
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- O34 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Intellectual Property and Intellectual Capital
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2013-03-16 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-INO-2013-03-16 (Innovation)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.