Nobel prize for Amartya Sen: a recognition to ethical dimensions of economics
AbstractNobel prize to Professor Amartya Sen is a recognition to value based orientation and ethical dimensions of economics, and it is this aspect that invites attention of all those who plead for the role of human values and ethics in economics.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 43779.
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision: 1998
Publication status: Published in Islamic Economics Bulletin 5.8(1998): pp. 1
Amartya Sen; Nobel Prize; Ethics and Economics; empowerment of the poor;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Z12 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Religion
- B31 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - Individuals
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.