Economic thought of Ibn al-Qayyim (1292–1350)
AbstractThis paper seeks to report and analyse the economic thought of Ibn al-Qayyim, a great thinker of Islam. He discussed mainly the problems of price control, market mechanism, supervision of economic activities (al-hisbah), riches and poverty, interest and zakah, at different places in his numerous works. The main considerations before him were realisation of welfare, social interest, establishment of justice and elimination of exploitation and hardship from economic life.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 41369.
Date of creation: 1982
Date of revision: 1984
History of Islamic Economic Thought; Economic Philosophy of Islam; Poverty and "Zuhd"; Economic Significance of Zakah; Interest - Riba al-Fadl and Riba al-Nasi `ah; al-Hisbah;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B31 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - Individuals
- B11 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Preclassical (Ancient, Medieval, Mercantilist, Physiocratic)
- B00 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - General - - - History of Economic Thought, Methodology, and Heterodox Approaches
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Islahi, Abdul Azim, 2001. "An analytical study of al-Ghazali’s thought on money and interest," MPRA Paper 41438, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2001.
- aislahi, Abdul Azim, 1989. "Stages of socio-economic development: Shah Wali-Allah's concept of al-irtifaqat," MPRA Paper 29628, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 1990.
- Islahi, Abdul Azim, 2005. "Contributions of Muslim Scholars to the History of Economic Thought and Analysis upto 15th Century," MPRA Paper 53462, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.