Mapping the Organic Vegetable Value Chain along the East West Economic Corridor
AbstractThe study describes four clusters for organic vegetables along the East West Economic Corridor (EWEC). These clusters have three goals: (a) to foster the conversion of conventional agricultural farming to organic production, and thereby enable the generation of high value-added activities; (b) to promote linkages among micro and small scale producers, and thereby improve their competitive position within the value chain; and (c) to spur the development of agricultural activities affecting the majority of the EWEC population either directly or indirectly, and thereby enable the transformation of the EWEC transport and logistics corridor into a full-fledged economic corridor.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 41145.
Date of creation: 01 Jul 2011
Date of revision:
value chains; organic agriculture; Greater Mekong Subregion; East West Economic Corridor;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- O13 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- O1 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- Q1 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture
- F18 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Environment
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
- L8 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services
- N5 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.