Tourismuspolitik in Marokko: ein großer Wurf für wirtschaftliche Entwicklung?
[Tourism policy in Morocco: a great effort for economic development?]
AbstractRecent political transformations in Arab countries suggest that solutions have to be found for the problem of lacking economic prospects and particularly of high youth unemployment. Such solutions have to consist of economic growth that unfolds widespread employment effects. A tourism policy that opens up perspectives for employment to people in many parts of a country can contribute to such a solution. This is even more the case because of tourism's high labour intensity and the physical assets of Arab countries and in particular of the northern African mediterranean countries. Morocco can serve as an example as to what degree tourism policy can live up to these high expectations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 40747.
Date of creation: May 2011
Date of revision:
Tourism; tourism policy; Morocco; Turkey; Tunisia; Egypt; development policy; youth unemployment;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- O10 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- N15 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Asia including Middle East
- N17 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Africa; Oceania
- O20 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - General
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.