An Improved Recursive and Non-recursive Comb Filter for DSP Applications
AbstractThe recursive and non-recursive comb filters are commonly used as decimators for the sigma delta modulators. This paper presents the analysis and design of low power and high speed comb filters. The comparison is made between the recursive and the non-recursive comb filters with the focus on high speed and saving power consumption. Design procedures and examples are given by using Matlab and Verilog HDL for both recursive and non-recursive comb filter with emphasis on frequency response, transfer function and register width. The implementation results show that non-recursive comb filter has capability of speeding up the circuit and reducing power compared to recursive one when the decimation ratio and filter order are high. Using Modified Carry Look-ahead Adder for summation and also apply pipelined filter structure makes it more compatible for DSP application.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 40626.
Date of creation: 15 May 2006
Date of revision:
Decimation; CIC; comb; Filters; Converters; Sigma Delta A/D conversion; comb filters; decimation filters;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
- L0 - Industrial Organization - - General
- L6 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- O14 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.