LES déterminants des dépenses de santé des ménages pauvres au CAMEROUN
[THE determinants of health expenditure of poor households in CAMEROUN]
AbstractThe purpose of this study is the search for determinants of health expenditure of poor households in Cameroon. The study is the evaluation of the national health system in Cameroon and lists the challenges facing health centers. To achieve the results of the study, it was used a descriptive method of multiple correspondence analysis and an econometric model of left censoring of zero called Tobit. These results show that health expenditure of households are determined by the disease suffered by household members, the validity of the ticket sale that allows the patient to be diagnosed by a physician, examinations performed in the hospital and the educational level of head of household. These results lead to recommendations to improve access to health care for poor households and the assumption by the state of certain health expenses, monitoring / evaluation of socio-demographic indicators.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 40601.
Date of creation: 10 Sep 2005
Date of revision:
Tobit model; censorship; poverty; poor household; determinants; variable sociodemographic;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C3 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables
- A20 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - General
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- I0 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - General
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
- C2 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.