Reproductive behaviour in Pakistan: insights from the population, labour force, and migration survey 1979-80
AbstractThis paper is in two parts. Part I is essentially a comparison with the results of the Pakistan Fertility Survey(1970-75) and basically a few themes have been thrown up. One is whether the 12-percent decline in fertility claimed by the PFS can be substantiated. The second presents multivariate analysis and coefficients of age at marriage, birth intervals and length of breast-feeding, and infant mortality. So Part I is basically a description of how those results can be substantiated or refuted or made inconsistent with this four-in-one venture of Migration, Fertility and so forth. Part II goes into statistics and details of a particular model to estimate the determinants of the children ever born.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 38083.
Date of creation: 1983
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in The Pakistan Development Review 2 & 3 (Summer-Autumn 1984).Vol. X(1984): pp. 207-223
Pakistan; Fertility; Survey; Multivariate Analysis; Model;
Other versions of this item:
- Zeba A. Sathar & Mohammad Irfan, 1984. "Reproductive Behaviour in Pakistan: Insigh ts from the Population, Labour Force, and Migration Survey 1979-80," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 23(2-3), pages 207-223.
- A1 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics
- C4 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Naushin Mahmood & Syed Mubashir Ali, 1983. "Nuptiality Patterns in Pakistan," PLM Project Reports 1983:2, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Alam, Iqbal & Mohammad, Irfan & Farooqi, Naseem Iqbal & Sheikh, Khalid Hameed & Siyal, H. B. & Syed, Tariq Ahmad & Nasir, Zafar Mueen & Haq, Rashida, 1983. "Fertility Levels, Trends and Differentials in Pakistan: Evidence from the Population, Labour Force and Migration Survey 1979-80," MPRA Paper 39566, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.