Impact of monetary policy on gross domestic product (GDP)
AbstractThis research article focuses on the impact of Monetary Policy on GDP. GDP no doubt is affected by the Monetary Policy of the state. The research papers of various authors have been studied in this regard to prove the Hypothesis and after in depth analysis by applying Regression Analysis technique it has been observed that the relationship between the two exists. The data of past 30 years of Pakistan has been used for driving the conclusion. The study proved that the interest rate has minor relationship with GDP but the Growth in Money Supply greatly affects the GDP of an economy, obviously various unknown factors also affects the GDP. Growth in Money Supply has a huge impact on GDP. The Research study can further be used for developmental projects for the Growth of Economy, Quality improvements, Household production, the underground conomy, Health and life expectancy, the environment, Political immunity and ethnic justice.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 35562.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business 1.3(2011): pp. 1348-1361
MONETARY POLICY; GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT; INFLATION; MONEY SUPPLY;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E51 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Money Supply; Credit; Money Multipliers
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-01-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2012-01-03 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2012-01-03 (Monetary Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.