Bundles and Range Strategies: The Case of Telecom Operators
AbstractAgainst a background of competition and the generalisation of IP that characterises the field of electronic communications, the concept of the "bundle" has resulted in the emergence of "triple play", and even "quadruple play." This paper offers an overview of the growth of this phenomenon by introducing a distinction between the basic components of multiplay strategies and the diverse range of functions that can be linked to these strategies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 3550.
Date of creation: Sep 2006
Date of revision:
Bundle; range strategy; triple play; quadruple play;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
- O14 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- L88 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Government Policy
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- K23 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Regulated Industries and Administrative Law
- L90 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - General
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-06-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2007-06-18 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CSE-2007-06-18 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-IND-2007-06-18 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MKT-2007-06-18 (Marketing)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.