Genetic algorithms in forecasting of Internet shops demand
AbstractThe general aim of this article is to present genetic algorithms as a tool, that can be used in de-mand forecasting in internet shops. First part of article identities factors, which have to be taken into consideration during analysing demand in internet shops, e.g. dispersion of demand, delivery time in-fluence and different e-marketing factors. Specific form of used demand function is shown in the next section of the article. Then genetic algorithm is defined by its genetic operators acting on bit strings (examples of the operators are: crossover, inversion, and mutation) and its method of credit allocation (fitness evaluation and selection). Next the method of identification of the function parameters using genetic algorithms is shown. The next part of article shows appliance of presented genetic algorithm. The advantages and disadvantages of proposed method are shortly discussed in summary.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 34034.
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision: 2009
abc analysis; inventory control; internet shop; e-commerce;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chodak, Grzegorz & Kwaśnicki, Witold, 2000. "Genetic algorithms in seasonal demand forecasting," MPRA Paper 34099, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chodak, Grzegorz & Latus, Łukasz, 2011.
"Metody prognozowania popytu i zarządzanie gospodarką magazynową w polskich sklepach internetowych – wyniki badań
[Methods of Demand Forecasting and Inventory Management in Polish Internet Sho," MPRA Paper 36713, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.