European countries with a diagnosis of financial default: expectancy and fear of its announcement in Ukraine
AbstractAbstract. This paper reviews the economic situation of European countries that today are in deep external debt crisis and drew close to financial default, that can be announced by the foreign creditors and investors who can not for some reason get in time or on demand their money (the principal amount provided for use funds and (or) interest on them). However, in the article the situation of Ukraine's foreign debt is considered, which significantly increased as a result of financial management of banks, business entities and due to government and central bank policies during the Orange epoch. The prospects for economic development in Ukraine are outlined in view of external debt problem after coming into power the command of the Party of Regions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 30157.
Date of creation: 30 Mar 2011
Date of revision: 08 Apr 2011
Key words: total external debt of country; governmental external debt; external debt of monetary authority; private external debt; international investment position; balance of payments; foreign exchange reserves; financial default; toxic assets; PIGS-countries; restrictive fiscal policy; restructuring of external debt;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-04-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2011-04-16 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-TRA-2011-04-16 (Transition Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.