Perspectives on Fulfilling the Nominal and Real Convergence Criteria by Romania for the Adoption of Euro Currency
AbstractIn the present, Romania is considered a fragile state. While the lowest point of recession seems to have been exceed, the instability continues to characterize for a period all efforts and steps taken for economic recovery. Regarding the real convergence criteria, on December 2010 Romania presently continues to meet only the criterion regarding the sustainability of fiscal position while the assessment of the criterion related to the stability of the exchange rate cannot be performed accurately as long as the national currency – Leu - does not participate to the Exchange Rate Mechanism II (ERM II).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 30011.
Date of creation: 01 Apr 2011
Date of revision:
Real convergence criteria; Nominal convergence criteria; Euro adoption; Romania;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-04-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2011-04-16 (European Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2011-04-16 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2011-04-16 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2011-04-16 (Transition Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.